« Return to FAQ Database
Unicode/UTF8 characters in PDF invoice / embed font in PDF
To embed the font in a PDF please do this:
(Note: this will make all PDFs quite larger, only do this if certain special characters are not displaying in the PDF)
to embed fonts in the PDF please go to Settings > Advanced and look for 'pdf_embed_font'
change the option from 'none' to 'all' and save.
To get Chinese/Japanese characters displaying in the PDF. This requires a new TTF font file to be uploaded.
1) Download this 3MB compressed TTF file: http://unifoundry.com/unifont-5.1.20080907.ttf.gz
2) Uncompress this file (using winrar or similar tool) the resulting TTF file should be around 16MB
3) Rename the uncompressed "unifont-5.1.20080907.ttf" file to "arialuni.ttf"
4) Using FTP, upload this new "arialuni.ttf" file to your UCM folder: includes/plugin_pdf/html2ps/fonts/ (if asked to overwrite the existing arialuni.ttf file choose YES)
5) done. generate a PDF to test.
This FAQ Entry was created on: 2013-01-28 15:15:48
This FAQ Entry was last updated on: 2013-02-19 10:12:59